COVID-19 SALON PROTOCOL
Salon Protocol December 2020
Dear valued clients and friends,
We hope you are keeping well and staying safe in these very uncertain times.
Here at Salon 116 & Hair by Kyli we are ready to open our doors yet again & welcome you back. We have invested our time updating our infection control and have stocked up on PPE. We are uniquely prepared to mitigate any risks and have factored in the time to clean between clients.
We would like to assure you that we will be following the recent Government guidelines to ensure that your experience with us feels safe. Although it cannot be totally risk free, we will endeavour to put into practise and implement these measures.
We respectfully ask that,
- if you have any Covid-19 symptoms (high temperature, a new continuous cough, or have noticed a loss of, or change in, normal sense of taste or smell) please DO NOT attend your appointment. There will be no charge for this missed appointment. You will be asked this question when you arrive.
- if you are awaiting a Covid-19 test result please do not attend your appointment until you get a negative result.
- you come alone for your appointment and on time. When you arrive please text your therapist/stylist. There will be no waiting area and the door will be locked so please wait outside or in your car until your stylist/ therapist invites you in.
- you only bring essentials such as your phone and purse/ wallet.
- on entry please wash or sanitise your hands – a wall mounted dispenser is on the left-hand side as you come into the salon. You will be asked to wear a face mask and will be offered one on arrival. If for medical reasons you cannot wear a mask please let us know.
- you maintain and comply with, where possible the social distancing guidelines (2m, or 1m with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable)
- you allow us to keep a temporary record of your contact details for 21 days to assist in the NHS Test and Trace.
Your stylist or therapist will ……………..
- increase the frequency of hand washing and surface cleaning, as well as regularly cleaning equipment or using disposable equipment where possible – including gowns and towels.
- be wearing masks and visors.
- keep the salon door locked to minimise footfall.
- keep the salon well ventilated by opening windows.
- not break off to answer to phone. All messages left that day will be replied to as soon as we can.
- be operating an appointment-only booking system to minimise the number of people on the premises at any one time.
- keep the treatment time involved to a minimum.
- avoid skin to skin contact and wear gloves where it is not crucial to the service.
- not allow food or drink, other than water, to be consumed in the salon by clients.
- make sure a limited and fixed number of therapists or stylists work together, if they have to be in close proximity to do their work.
If you have any queries or questions please contact us on the usual numbers or email.
Finally, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued custom and loyalty, and we look forward to welcoming you all back safely.
Love & best wishes Jane, Kyli & Jane xxx