COVID-19 SALON PROTOCOL
Salon Protocol April 2021
Dear valued clients and friends,
we hope you are all well and are ready to return to us once again.
As you know the earliest hair & beauty salons maybe allowed to reopen is 12th April.
When we are allowed the team at Salon 116 & Hair by Kyli are ready to welcome you back and have invested their time training and updating their knowledge of infection control and have stocked up on PPE. We are uniquely prepared to mitigate any risks and have factored in the time to clean between clients.
We would like to reassure you that we will continue to follow the Government guidelines to ensure that your experience with us feels safe. Although it cannot be totally risk free, we will endeavour to put into practise and implement these measures.
We respectfully ask that,
- if you have any Covid-19 symptoms (high temperature, recent onset of a new continuous cough, or have noticed a loss of, or change to your sense of taste or smell) please do not attend your appointment. There will be no charge for this missed appointment. You will be asked this question when you arrive.
- you come alone for your appointment and on time. When you arrive please text your therapist/stylist. There will be no waiting area and the door will be locked so please wait outside or in your car until your stylist/ therapist invites you in.
- you only bring essentials such as your phone and purse/ wallet.
- on entry, please sanitise your hands – a wall mounted dispenser is on the left-hand side as you come into the salon. You will be asked to wear a face mask and will be offered one on arrival. If for medical reasons you cannot wear a mask please let us know.
- you maintain and comply with, where possible the social distancing guidelines (2m, or 1m with risk mitigation where 2m is not viable)
- you allow us to keep a temporary record of your contact details for 21 days to assist in the NHS Test and Trace.
Your stylist or therapist will ……………..
- increase the frequency of hand washing and surface cleaning, as well as regularly cleaning equipment or using disposable equipment where possible – including gowns and towels.
- be wearing masks and visors.
- keep the salon door locked to minimise footfall.
- keep the salon well ventilated by opening windows throughout the building.
- not break off to answer to phone. All messages left that day will be replied to as soon as we can.
- be operating an appointment-only booking system to minimise the number of people on the premises at any one time.
- keep the treatment time involved to a minimum.
- avoid skin to skin contact and wear gloves where it is not crucial to the service.
- not allow food or drink, other than water, to be consumed in the salon by clients.
- make sure a limited and fixed number of therapists or stylists work together, if they have to be in close proximity to do their work.
If you have any queries or questions please contact us on the usual numbers or email.
Finally, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your custom and loyalty, and we very much look forward to welcoming you all back safely.
Love & best wishes Jane, Kyli & Jane xxx